I was so honored to be invited to the Homeschooling Saints Podcast. This was my very first podcast. I was super nervous, but Lisa Mladinich, the show’s host and a fellow homeschooling mom made me so comfortable! It was such a pleasure to talk about this topic which is the number one topic I cover with hundreds of homeschooling moms over these past 20+ years!
This episode will help you get clear on what is critical and how you can put my time-tested tips into action in your own life. Here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll learn…
- How playing the comparison game does not work for your unique family (myths, get ready to be busted!).
- Why it’s especially important to ground yourself in spirituality, and define with your spouse what educational success looks like.
- Educating the whole child to feel a real sense of success by aligning your curriculum to each child’s strengths.
- The importance of “Less is More,” stopping the pressure of thinking you “are not enough” or that you will “mess your children up.”
- How to celebrate the wins, glorify God, and acknowledge your wins!
- The power of “One Goal, Per Child, Per Year.”
- My real family examples and suggestions to focus on strengths, including time management tips for teens.
- How to honor the dignity of each child, recognize the importance of self-knowledge, and follow the call to holiness.
Before you make yourself a cup of java or tea and put your headphones on, do me (and yourself) a favor to get the most out of this episode. Pull out a notebook, I want you to get clear on something vitally important…
Where are you now? Where do you want to be? What is standing in the way?
Sit with those three simple, but essential, questions and jot down your answers. Because the precursor to curing mommy overwhelm is knowing what your goals are.
Okay, all set?