As the local stores fill up with Easter Bunnies and jelly beans, now is the perfect time to restore the sacredness of Holy Week and Easter. We have researched and designed this easy to use and beautiful curriculum that will become a family favorite each year!
This kit contains faith-filled hands-on projects that make a lasting impact on the true meaning of Holy Week and Easter. Your family will lean about:
- Resurrection Eggs, (to learn the Passion though the Resurrection Bible story),
- A Jonah project (make Jonah, the whale and his ship and have the children decorate them and move the figures through Holy Week),
- A sticker sheet with faithful, Catholic symbolism that truly represent the Holy Season of Easter
- Instructions and template to make a Family Pascal Candle
- Beautiful Easter Holy Cards to share with family and friends and practice handwriting skills
- Notebooking pages with beautiful reverent holy images
- Mini books of the colors of Easter and mini books for the flowers, fruit and trees associated with Easter along with pictures and descriptions of each
- Several options for making a variety of Easter cards (4 unique designs with text and blank versions too!)
Who is the saint that causes us to be wild about hearts ♥, the color red and send friends and family messages of love every February 14?
The secular world has forgotten him but not Catholic families. We know that the Church elevated a pagan feast day and its symbols by celebrating the feast day of an early martyr of the Church, St. Valentine.
We have created an activity packet in our “Reclaim the Saints Series” that will help your family reclaim this feast as a celebration of God’s love for all of us. This year we added new designs and new activities and bio of the Pope who helped to Christianize this day. Easily adaptable for a variety of ages and downloadable so you buy it once for your entire family to use each year!
We have included:
- Ready-made cards with holy images of St. Valentine, the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the Sacred Heart of Jesus with Scripture verses.
- Templates to make your own cards with images to cut and color and add for your own inspired design
- Also included are 15 Scripture verses to practice handwriting
- Mini-book templates
- Notebooking pages
- A coloring page of St. Valentine
- Holy cards to cut and color
- A history of this feast day and its symbols
- MUCH MORE!
by Maryanne Patterson
What better way to begin the study of history or enhance your current history program than to study our ancestors. The Ireland of Our Ancestors packet contains a wealth of information and activities that could be used with a variety of ages too! Within the download are various sections and all the necessary craft materials and instruction sheets together, with each in its own envelope, so everything is literally right there and ready to go. For each section, there is a summary of the main points you may want to cover with your children, with several online references for further study. (All ages, 43 pages, PDF
Download contains the following sections:
• Alphabet and Language• Apparitions of Mary (with stories)• Agriculture & Economy• Blessings, Prayers and Proverbs• Calligraphy and Penmanship Practice• Currency• Flags of Ireland; • History• Maps• Music• Patron Saint and Other Saints• National Landmarks and Other Attractions• Recipes• Crafts (Celtic Cross Christmas Ornaments, St. Bridget’s Cross, Claddagh Friendship Note Cards, and an Emerald Isle Plastic Canvas Needle Craft).
Click here to obtain a copy: The Ireland of Our Ancestors
This terrrific kit comes to us from the mill that spins the wonderful 100% Pure Wool yarns since 1790 right here in the USA. The illustrated instructions are clear and guide you through basic stitches to create a variety of projects, you get to decide to make one large project or several smaller projects. The kit comes with 4 balls (6 oz. total) of 100% Pure Wool yarn spun in vibrant colors of peacock, violet, magenta and green. Includes a plastic crochet hook, and lovely glass beads with large holes to use as decoration or buttons. It won’t take long for your children to realize crocheting is a simple yet rewarding skill!
The minute, yes the absolute first minute, this review copy showed up our daughters began planning out which bags they would make. In just one short month they have made handbags, totebags, backpacks, laptop bags, and more. Using leftover scraps from our material pile they have made bags they use every day and a bunch for their friends too! The adult crowd was instantly impressed with the results. Whether you find yourself toting groceries, books, baby supplies, gardening tools, or a wallet and some electronic gadgets, you and your kids will find a bag design to fit you need. The focus is on simple, pattern-free sewing that requires no previous experience — just an inventive spirit, some fun fabric, and a basic sewing machine. Jumpstart your creativity with “warm-up projects” that will carry just a single object, from a pair of eyeglasses to a pack of tissues. The 18 core projects show how to usea variety of fabrics to make totes, drawstring sacks, messenger bags, organizers, satchels, and purses in a wide range of sizes and shapes. Every project is shown in a full-color photo accompanied by step-by-step, illustrated instructions. Many more variations in size, fabric combinations, and styling features are also pictured to show just a few of the dozens of possibilities for customizing each project. (HC, 151 pages, beginner level sewing skill)
Written and compiled by Joan Stromberg
Your favorite characters are back again! The author expands each character by backtracking their lives prior to their journey to America. We visit Mother Cabrini and Maria in Italy, Molly in County Roscommon, Ireland and Ming in her small Chinese village. You will learn how to make one of Mother’s favorite dishes and each girl shares crafts, games and foods from her homeland. You will have to be dragged out of the kitchen once you learn how to make raviolis, Cathedral Window Cookies and Italian Potato Pie from Maria, Dublin Coddle, Irish Stew and potatoes of course from Molly and Sweet & Sour Pork, Fried Rice and Chinese Chews from Ming! Your children will have hours of fun trying to make Chinese letters, play Fox and Rabbit or make Mosaic vases. This amazing book is chock full of history and heritage, you will enjoy every minute of it! (Ages 7-10 [with some adult supervision], 121 pages, PB, $)
There is much written about this beloved saint and many saint anthologies contain a brief synopsis of his life. He is the patron saint of Ireland and is most notably responsible for its conversion to Christianity….making Ireland become the land of “Saints and Scholars.”
There are numerous legends surrounding his life but the best way to come to know the true saint is through his own writings and in particular his testimonial, “Confessio”. How marvelous and glorious it is to learn about this saint through his own words. In his “Confessio” we hear the voice of a truly humble servant of Christ. In addition your family will begin to understand about the beginnings of St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, learn the chaplet prayer to St. Patrick, make cards to send to family and friends and so much more in this Hands-on Learning material.
Included in this kit:
- Information on St. Patrick
- How St. Patrick’s Day celebrations began
- The meaning behind the symbols of St. Patrick’s Day
- Directions and prayers for a St. Patrick chaplet
- St. Patrick’s Confession (Autobiography) to have family print to read aloud together
- 3 Coloring pages: Saint Patrick, Page from Book of Kells, Celtic Cross
- Mini book templates (2 different – three flap books horizontal and vertical)
- Notebooking pages-2 versions with lovely images
- Full-color Holy Cards with St. Patrick prayers
- Holy Cards in outline versions to color in
- St. Patrick’s Day cards to send (2 versions, with prayers and ones to practice handwriting)
Click here to order your kit and Reclaim St. Patrick’s Day!
Thank you for supporting our family business and respecting our copyright of this material for single family use. For classrooms or large groups email us.
The St. Nicholas coins are back but in a BRAND NEW DIY kit to help your family celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas (December 6th), to give you “holy” treats for Stocking Stuffers on Christmas morning and to give you that special gift for friends, family and coworkers that keeps Christ in Christmas too!
The kit includes:
- Licensed beautiful, classical Holy Family images that you just can’t copy from the internet
- Includes instructions to make three different size kits EASILY and Cheaply*
- A brief history of St. Nicholas and the tradition
- An original coloring page
- St. Nicholas Holy Cards
- Memory game
These timely treats you make and give are a fun and practical way to reclaim our saints and holy-days! We hear that lots of kids like to peel off the stickers and decorate their books and personal belongings with them. In fact, our four year old daughter is in love with what she affectionately calls her “Mary” stickers. We think this is a great way for all of our little “evangelists” to spread the Good News this Christmas! Celebrate with your family the Feast of St. Nicholas with this Do It Yourself Kit. Share the beauty of our Church with those you love easily and economically!!
Buy it NOW and DOWNLOAD it immediately…NO SHIPPING!!
*you provide the chocolate coins and bag!
(Email us for group use)